|Aflatoxin poisoning also in Israel
About 75 dogs already died in the USA and 23 in Israel because they were fed with pet food containing aflatoxin. Now a rare public appeal went out on 15th February to Israeli pet owners to bring their dogs to donate blood to help save more than a dozen canines poisoned by toxic American pet food.
|Approximately 23 dogs have died in Israel in recent weeks from liver failure after eating Nutra Nuggets Performance, manufactured by the
U.S.-based Diamond Pet Food company.
Veterinarians say at least another 17 pets have been poisoned and that only a handful were
expected to survive.
At the Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Beit Dagan, where 14 dogs are being treated for poisoning,
veterinarians said dozens of people had brought in their pets to give blood after [the vets] made their appeal on Israeli television, radio
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration ordered a recall of several Diamond Pet Food products in December  after tests showed many
bags were contaminated with aflatoxin, a potentially lethal chemical found on grains.
Diamond estimated that more than 75 dogs died in the United States. Israel`s Agriculture Ministry recalled the products in February  after
several dogs in Israel died.
Tell a friend
Send this article
Metastasis of a well differentiated perianal gland tumorPunica granatum associated with hepatotoxicosis in cattleToceranib phosphate (PalladiaÂ®) in canine gastrointestinal stromal tumorsRadioactive iodine uptake in hyperthyroid cats after rh-TSHHypoechoic tissue changes in dogs with malignant prostatic lymphomaEmphysematous gastritis in dogs and catsPrimary pulmonary histiocytic sarcoma in dogsDetermining prognosis in canine sepsis Correlation of plasma and tear glucose, creatinine and urea nitrogen in catsPerineal hernias in dogs - always a bilateral problem?Pharmacokinetic of gabapentin in catsFollicular development of canine ovaries stimulated by eCG plus hCG