|Skin Biology and Innovations in Dermatology
The Symposium on Skin Biology and Innovations in Dermatology took place in Juan Les Pins on 22nd March 2003. It was hosted and organized by Virbac, world leader in veterinary dermatology, to give active support to the development of clinical veterinary dermatology.
|The 12 speakers of the Symposiom came from France, U.K. and Germany. The meeting was chaired by Dr. Dr.h.c. Hans Koch, President of the European College of Veterinary Dermatology - Germany.
Please view the presentations below by clicking on the titels.
PART 1: CUTANEOUS BIOLOGY AND PHYSIOLOGY
- Pr. Thomas BIEBER, University of Bonn, Department of Dermatology Â– Germany
Current concepts in the pathophysiology of atopic dermatitis in human
- Dr. Jacqueline VIAC, Inserm U 346, Lyon - France
- Pr. David LLOYD, Professor of Veterinary Dermatology, Royal Veterinary College, North Mymms
Ecology & Microbial Balance of the Skin
- Dr. Peter HILL, Director of the Hospital for Small Animals, Department of Veterinary Clinical Studies, Royal School of Veterinary Studies, Roslin - Midlothian Â– UK -
The aetiopathogenesis of canine atopic dermatitis: 30 years on
PART 2: TOPICAL PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT:
WHAT ARE THE CURRENT CHALLENGES ?In human:
Current galenical research challenges in human dermatology:
applications for the development of products for sensitive and atopic skin.
Galenical innovations in veterinary dermatology:
PART 3: THE ART OF SHAMPOOS IN VETERINARY DERMATOLOGY:
TREATMENT AND PREVENTION STRATEGIES
PART 4: DESIGNING A NEW RANGE OF TOPICAL PRODUCTS:
THE ALLERMYL STORY
The purpose of the Symposium was to review and summarise the present status of scientific knowledge in comparative immuno-dermatology and clinical researches on atopic dermatitis. Special emphasis was given to new innovations and developments, such as novel galenic formulations of topical products for the treatment of hyper-reactive skin.
The goals of the Symposium were:
- to present a forum for the discussion of recent results and ideas among colleagues from practice and academia together with human dermatologists, scientists and researchers from the pharmaceutical industry;
- to facilitate communication and information sharing among leaders in the field; and
- to share `lessons learned` from others and explore how they can be applied to advance the discipline.
The moving forces behind this Symposium were the Virbac staff who are closely connected with veterinary dermatologists, and more precisely Dr Hugues Gatto, Development Manager for Dermatological products, who managed the scientific organisation of this symposium, and CÃ©cile CormorÃ¨che, Dermatological Range Manager, who handled all the logistical and organisational aspects.
The stature of those participating in this Symposium ensured a most successful meeting and excellent interaction. Everybody enjoyed the high level of competence as well as the delightful ambiance provided with professionalism and passion by the hosting company Virbac.
It is hoped that the presentations and proceedings will contribute to the advancement of veterinary dermatology throughout the world.
Dr. Dr.h.c., a.o. Professor, Diplomate ECVD (European College of Veterinary Dermatology)
All presentations of the Virbac Symposium
Tell a friend
Send this article
25th FECAVA EuroCongress 4-9 September 2019, St. Petersburg / RussiaESVN-ECVN Symposium 2018ESAVSVetAgendaLab in Practice - Clinical PathologyEuropean Master of Small Animal Veterinary MedicineSEVC 2014ESAVS - Neuropathology & MRICongressMed 2014ACVIM 2014VetContact